The 13th ITS European Congress 2019, the largest event entirely dedicated to smart mobility and digitalisation of transport is organised by ERTICO – ITS Europe on 3 – 6 June 2019 in Brainport Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
The ITS European Congress is part of a bigger cluster of ITS Congresses. It is organised in a European city in the years where there is no ITS World Congress in Europe. The ITS World Congress rotates between Europe, the Asia Pacific region and the Americas. For all European Congresses, ERTICO and its Partners work closely with the European Commission and the host city to deliver an outstanding event built around three pillars:
- International Programme sessions and presentations with top speakers from the industry
- Demonstrations of the current transport technologies developed and deployed throughout the world
- Exhibition of cutting-edge companies
These events are a strategic opportunity for the transport industry to come together and show the latest innovations, with a slightly different focus for each year. The Congresses display the host city’s latest achievements in the field of intelligent mobility services, supporting the hosts in increasing the awareness of the importance of new solutions and investments in the host region and country.
The TransformingTransport project will have a sound presence at the event with a stand at the exhibition (Stand 0.3 in the Ground Floor Corridor) and four paper presentations, focusing on the following issues:
- Predictive analytics and predictive maintenance innovation via big data: The case of TransformingTransport
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence for optimising transport operations in railway, airport and highways
- Transforming Transport – Big data and Artificial Intelligence for traffic and accident predictions on Highways
- Detection of anomalies in urban traffic from open data
At the TT booth, the visitors will have a possibility to learn and discuss about the results of the 13 lighthouse project pilots and the lessons learnt, to check the projects reach printed material and to see the demonstrations of the following TT Pilots:
- AUSOL Load Balancing Pilot
- Load Balancing Pilot – Norte Litoral
- Predictive High Speed Network and
- Smart Passenger Flow Pilot
More information about the event is available at https://2019.itsineurope.com/.